PRESS RELEASE - Habersham Co. - Habersham EMC continues to monitor developments regarding the COVID-19 virus and CDC guidelines. Currently, the CDC is recommending that all events of 50 or more people be cancelled for the next 8 weeks.
As a result, HEMC will implement the following steps and they will remain in effect until further notice:
- Both the Clarkesville and Cleveland offices of HEMC will be closed to walk-in traffic.
- Effective at 5 p.m., March 16, 2020
- The Cleveland office move will continue as planned; however, the new location will not open to the public until Clarkesville office does.
- Members may continue to pay through the Drive-thru at Clarkesville; as well as the night drop at both the Clarkesville and Cleveland offices.
All Community Room events will be cancelled.
o Deposits will be refunded to those who have reserved the room.
o HEMC representatives will contact all who have events scheduled during the 8-week time frame.
- On-site meetings with vendors are cancelled.
- Business travel for meetings, training, conferences is cancelled.
- Trailwave in-home installs will be postponed.
- Construction of electric and fiber projects will continue.
We apologize for any inconvenience these precautionary steps may cause, however, the safety of our members and employees is of utmost importance to us. We remain committed to providing safe, reliable service to our members and have personnel available to assist our members by phone and email. Members may also conduct many different types of business transactions online or through the SmartHub app.