The Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests is temporarily shutting down additional recreation sites on the Blue Ridge and Chattooga River Ranger Districts to protect public health and safety.
The decision aligns with state and local measures to stop the spread of COVID-19, and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
“We continually consult leaders in our communities, in order to align with local, state, and federal decisions that protect public health and safety,” said Edward Hunter, Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests’ acting forest supervisor. “We aim to implement the highest standard of public health and safety.”
Effective immediately, the following recreation sites are temporarily shut down:
- Davenport OHV Area
- Beasley Knob OHV Area
- Whissenhunt OHV Area
- Dicks Creek Day-Use Area
- Lake Chatuge Recreation Area and Boat Ramp
- Angel Falls Trail
Previously announced shut downs include:
- All national forest developed campgrounds, group recreation sites, picnic pavilions and all restrooms.
- Appalachian Trail trailheads including Dicks Creek Gap, Hogpen Gap, Neels Gap, Springer Mountain, Tesnatee Gap, Unicoi Gap and Woody Gap.
- Trails and associated trailheads providing access to the Appalachian Trail including Andrews Cove Trail, segments of the Benton MacKaye Trail (from Fall Branch Falls to Springer Mountain), Byron Herbert Reece Memorial Trail, Dukes Creek Falls Trails, Duncan Ridge Trail, Dockery Lake Trail, Freeman Trail, Jacks Knob Trail, Jarrard Gap Trail, Logan Turnpike Trail, Long Creek Falls Trail, Panther Creek Falls Trail, Slaughter Creek Trail, Springer Mountain Trail, Raven Cliffs Falls Trail and Yonah Mountain Trail.
- Aska Trail System
- Shady Falls Trailhead
- Long Branch Loop Trail
- Green Mtn. Connector Trail
- Deep Gap TrailheadGreen Mtn. Trail
- Stanley Gap Trailhead
- Stanley Gap Trail
- Fruitkoff Trail Access
- Deep Hole Day Use Area
- Sandy Bottoms Day Use Area
- Old Dial Rd. and Padena Dispersed Camping
- Rock Creek Rd. Dispersed Camping
- Noontootla Dispersed Camping (FS 58)
- Sea Creek Falls Trail
- Helton Creek Falls Trail
- Dicks Creek Dispersed Camping Corridor
- Forest Service Road 42 Dispersed Camping Corridor (runs through Gilmer, Fannin, Lumpkin)
- Nimblewill Dispersed Camping Corridor
- Jake and Bull Dispersed Campsites (trail use allowed)
- High Shoals Falls Trail
- Indian Grave Gap Road (Forest Service Road #283)
- Hemlock Falls Trail and Trailhead, Parking Area
- Minnehaha Falls Trail and Trailhead
- White Oak Gap Road (Forest Service Road #244)